- RNC Attendees taunt and disrespect Puerto Rican woman
- RNC Attendees Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’
- Mitt Romney’s awkward “free stuff” comment regarding the NAACP
- Racist Google searches highest in areas where Obama did poorly in 2008.
Cliven Bundy’s racist remarks
The 2014 events with rancher Cliven Bundy and his refusal to remove his cattle from federal lands has reinvigorated the federal authority/state’s rights debate. Recent “racist” remarks from Bundy have created a controversy.
Are Republicans Racist?
Most people who vote Republican no doubt vote out of the belief that the Republican Party is the right choice (or at least preferable to Democratic Party). And racist sentiments likely have absolutely no bearing on their decisions. However, it is well established that the Republican Party began catering to racist sentiments in the late 1960’s using tactics that still appear to be in practice (more on this below). What’s more: there certainly appears to still exist a racist Republican voting bloc, and this is largely displayed in the electoral map, where the south came to be dominated by the Republican Party as the aforementioned tactics came into play.
Republican/GOP Racism: The History
Something that’s rarely mentioned is how the voting power of the modern Republican party is largely grounded in racist sentiments that grew out of racist disfavor toward:
- A Democratic administration who passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- A subsequent switch of African Americans who began voting Democrat due to policy changes in Republican circles intended to gain the ‘anti-black’ vote.
The Democratic Party’s Historical Racism
It’s no secret that historically, it had been the Democratic Party who had catered to racist sentiment. Abraham Lincoln was himself a Republican (as Republicans happily point out). Martin Luther King was also a Republican in his day. But what people generally overlook is this: After 1964, when the Civil Rights Act passed under a Democratic administration, America’s racists switched to the Republican Party. The history of the electoral map makes this quite clear. http://www.270towin.com/Continue reading