As the 2nd Obama-Romney debate rages on, I will be keeping a tally on Mitt Romney’s lies and other falsehoods. Please stay tuned as I TRY and catalog Romney’s lies as fast as he can tell them.
- Yes, Obama DID save the auto industry
- Yes, Romney said “let Detroit go bankrupt”
- No, Romney’s plan won’t create 12 million jobs
- Yes, Oil production is UP under Obama
- Yes, China has invested in alternative energy (more than the US in fact)
- No, the Keystone Pipeline would not have created many jobs
- No, gas prices aren’t dependent on US production (but rather on world production and demand)
- Yes, taxes for middle earners would go UP under Romney
- Yes, the middle class has taken a beating over the last couple of decades
- Yes, Romney will raise military spending by $2 trillion
- Romney didn’t “run businesses” he ran a private equity firm that squeezed companies for profits and benefitted from government bailouts
- Romney ran the Olympics with a government bailout
- The rising debt comes primarily from Republican policies
- Yes, Romney wants to control access to contraceptives
- Yes, Romney wants to turn Medicare into a voucher program
- No, the middle class has been losing power long before 4 years ago–they’ve been losing it since the introduction of Reaganomics
The middle class has been losing buying power over the last 30 years of lowered taxes on the wealthy and continued union-busting. These are Republican policies.
Read More: It’s the Inequality Stupid
The bulk of the rising debt comes from Republican policies (which current Republicans continue to propose).
Read More: The Deficit/Debt Problem & Federal Revenue
Romney-Obama Debate: The Tally by Demosthenes